Developing forms of communication
!. Communication in the line of sight or hearing. Sign language, speech.
- Communication beyond the line of sight or hearing. Written language.
- Communication, instantly, by aural means,beyond the line of sight. Telegraph, telephone.
- Communication, instantly, by aural and visual means, beyond immediate sight or hearing, only one way. Television.
- Communication, instantly, as above, and conversation across the world. Internet, email.
- Communication, and conversation, as above, with photographs. Attachments, digital images, video/audio phone networks.
- Communication, and conversation as above. Blogs.
- Communication, and conversation, on a wider platform. Social networking sites.
I joined the cyber world during the time of email, and became an enthusiastic blogger; I still keep that up, but all the discussions, comments, debates and arguments that used to take place on the blogs, have all shifted to Facebook. No doubt I will soon have to learn another form of instant communication with the world at large….
I wonder what the next step will be?